Wednesday, March 28, 2007

And then Sunday's Bike Ride

With the Team in Training Santa Fe Bike Team. A beautiful ride (will try to post the actual ride on either mapmyride.com or bikely.com). Through the beautiful hills of Santa Fe, out of town into the neighboring communities. Saw Long Horn and dairy cows, Western Movie sets, and Buffalo. Great ride.

I took of my Crank Brother's Candy pedals and got some Speedplays. The Crank Brothers were impossible for me to get into no matter what I did. The speedplay were great. Easy in and easy out.

It was a 56 mile ride. I did fine and was strong and in the top 1/3 for most of the ride.

Until about mile 45. Then I had problems. I did not "hit the wall." I just got tired. I completed the Tri Sim just the day before and did not recover. We were going up a long, steady climb and the pace was all off. Too slow. I ended up have to really shift gears around quite a bit. Then it was over, I fell behind. The coach stayed back with me and she talked me into trying some sprints to catch up. I did pretty well but it tired me out. So for about 5 or 6 miles I was dying.

We finally stopped at the crest of the climb for a short breather, only about 4 or 5 minutes to allow the last two behind me to catch up. That was all that I needed. The rest of the ride was golden. 56 miles total.

It was wonderful.

That night came home and had a hot, hot bath with Epsom salts. Hmmmmm!

Not bad, not bad at all.



Help donate to Dale's Race to Fight Blood Cancers!

No comments: