Sunday, March 11, 2007

45 Miles on the Bike

The hell with anemia, vertigo, hypoglycemia, global warming, jihaadist terrorists, etc!! I am riding!

45 miles today from Santa Fe to Galisteo and back. When I was through my sugar was 88. I know to keep an eye on it. Did pretty well, no falls and the hills are getting better. Raising the saddle just a little bit made a big difference and "dragging my heels" helps. In other words, keeping my heels pointing down and not my toes allows me to "lift" the pedal using my hamstrings. This makes hills easier.

Of course, the word "easier" is relative...

I am not allowed to run for another week so I will walk tomorrow. I plan on going to ABQ on Tuesday to swim (I can hear my wife biatching about it now!) but I got to get swims in. And bricks.

Sigh....

I napped a little with the Conure nestled under my chin in the recliner and then rode a few miles on the comfort bike with Clara.

Life is good.

Love and Sweat,
Dale



Help donate to Dale's Race to Fight Blood Cancers!

No comments: